Default language during user creation

Dear all,

My users are synchronized with Active Directory based on a AD group security.
All user accounts are created by default in english.
We need to change them manually (french or german in our case).

Is there a way to:
- change the default language?
- or change massively the language for multiple users?

Thanks for any ideas.

Fred

Parents
    • It is not currently possible to configure the language of users created from an AD based on an attribute coming from the AD.
      • However, this seems to be a good area for improvement, so I'm going to create a request for this, and I'll get back to you if it's deemed valid, and also let you know if and when it's processed.
      • Could you tell me if your current AD, and therefore your users, have this information today? Is it an attribute of your users in the AD that stores the desired language information?

In the meantime, and to avoid tedious manual editing, we could once again consider SQL scripts that would come and edit the language of users according to a reference list, potentially extracted from the AD? 

We are in contact by email, so let's continue there.

• Hello Baptiste,

We have the exact same issue for one of our french-speaking on-prem customer. We want to synchronize Hubshare users from an AD group but they are all created in english. We can change the language manually after that, but welcome e-mail has already been sent to the user in english. 

Upcoming release will help a bit because we will be able to disable automatic welcome e-mails for new SSO users. 

But I'm looking forward to being able to define a default user language. Do you have any news about that improvement request you made ?

Last but not least, I'm also interested in the SQL scripts you're mentioning to edit user language from a reference list.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Nicolas

• Hello Baptiste,

We have the exact same issue for one of our french-speaking on-prem customer. We want to synchronize Hubshare users from an AD group but they are all created in english. We can change the language manually after that, but welcome e-mail has already been sent to the user in english. 

Upcoming release will help a bit because we will be able to disable automatic welcome e-mails for new SSO users. 

But I'm looking forward to being able to define a default user language. Do you have any news about that improvement request you made ?

Last but not least, I'm also interested in the SQL scripts you're mentioning to edit user language from a reference list.

Thanks a lot and best regards

Nicolas

Children
No Data