This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

API for Outlook

Does anyone have a sample where when a user sends an email from outlook a question is asked "Do you want to save to M-files? Yes or No"

If the user clicks yes the save/properties window is displayed

;D
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member

Take a look at the Microsoft webpage for MS Exchange Journaling and evaluate if it suits your needs.

I agree that this is a solution to overcome the cc/bcc problem, but if I understood correctly, the emails are still saved in "bulk" manner. Of course there's an option that M-Files Server can apply fixed property values for all emails, or read those from headers, but it still won't be able to make the relationship between the email and recipient object (e.g. customer object in M-Files). If you add an M-Files API component there that is able to do the linking (based on the information in CRM & M-Files), that would be nice. Or, as bwill1980 suggested, let the user decide and fill in the required meta data.

Even though using the journaling option it is possible to fill the requirements of some regulatory aspects, it might not the best solution, atleast for small businesses. And also if only a small portion of emails are to be saved, it is a waste of resources to save everything.

Best regards,
    Samppa
  • Former Member
    Former Member

Take a look at the Microsoft webpage for MS Exchange Journaling and evaluate if it suits your needs.

I agree that this is a solution to overcome the cc/bcc problem, but if I understood correctly, the emails are still saved in "bulk" manner. Of course there's an option that M-Files Server can apply fixed property values for all emails, or read those from headers, but it still won't be able to make the relationship between the email and recipient object (e.g. customer object in M-Files). If you add an M-Files API component there that is able to do the linking (based on the information in CRM & M-Files), that would be nice. Or, as bwill1980 suggested, let the user decide and fill in the required meta data.

Even though using the journaling option it is possible to fill the requirements of some regulatory aspects, it might not the best solution, atleast for small businesses. And also if only a small portion of emails are to be saved, it is a waste of resources to save everything.

Best regards,
    Samppa
Children
No Data