This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Search for previous version

Hi All

The user wants search documents of a previous version. Basically I would like to add the version number automatically to the file name. The version I am looking to add is in the picture below.

The problem is that I cannot find this property to add it to the name automatically, I can only see version label which the user has to input manually and this could cause errors. 

The user has requested to search for an old version of the document. When the users searches for a document only the latest version is shown. The reason behind this is that the new version is only allowed to be seen by a certain number of users and the older version can be viewed by all. Is this possible?

Thank you

• Have you tried this in your search conditions? "look in the metadata of all versions"

• by the way, if you insert the version number in the object name, the name will change acording the version number changes and you'll see only the last version number in the document name so this will not solve your problem.

Using M-Files  Api you could check for MFBuiltInPropertyDefVersionLabel

For example:

Dim iNewVersionNumber

iNewVersionNumber = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty ( MFBuiltInPropertyDefVersionLabel ).TypedValue.DisplayValue

Ans save it so you can have this value available in any property.

• To expand on this, by default most properties will not let you search historical versions. To enable this feature you need to locate the property(s) in the Admin tool and deselect 'Do not search for old object versions'

• Many thanks for taking the time to respond and sorry for the delayed response. I have never used API's before and not from a coding background. Is there some sort of document that I can refer too. I have heard a lot about API's and I can use it in M-Files but honestly I do not know where to start and how to implement the API's. Any example or starting point would be highly appreciated. 

• Thank you for the response. Always appreciate the time taken to respond.