This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stop User Groups Synching from Azure AD

Good morning All,

I just joined this forum and first post.

So I have created custom User Groups in MF that reflect actual needs and requirements in the system.

However, I'm finding that my UG's are becoming polluted with the UG's from our AD - when the synchronization happens, the UG's defined by our IT appear among my defined user groups.

Is there any way to turn off User Group synchronization between MF and Azure AD? I still want users to sync, I just want to disable syncing of User Groups.

In MF Admin, under Configurations-->Advanced Vault Settings-->User Groups there are some settings but nothing where I can specifically disable synching of UG's

Thank you.

Patrick.

• Hi Patrick,

You basically have two ways to sync User Groups from AzureAD: either through these Advanced Vault Settings (settings are located in M-Files) or through SCIM synchronization: in this case sync settings are defined in Azure AD.

If Advanced Vault Settings > User Group Sync Plugin is empty in M-Files side, it is probably configured directly in Azure which groups are to be synced in M-Files.

Hope this helps.

• Azure AD users are always synced via user groups, so you need at least one synced user group if you want new users to be automatically created in M-Files. You could for instance have a user group called "All M-Files users" in Azure AD where users who should have access to M-Files are added and select this as the only synced group. Depending on the user provisioning method you are using, the synced groups are selected either in M-Files Admin (plugin sync) or in Azure AD Portal (SCIM sync).