This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Spinner on longer running actions in M-Files client

Hi community/M-Files,

Not quite sure if this is a question or just recommendation on specific observing.

We are using M-Files Desktop client and have multiple document types/classes. Some of those are quite "heavy" having some auto-calculated properties that calculates on creation of document, some of them re-calculate on saving. Some of these actions take time which is also understandable and users would accept it.

The problem/observation is that during document creation metadata card just freezes and no spinner is shown to show users that some longer action happens. On some longer actions, some small spinner shows up, but on shorter actions actually no spinner shows up and metadata card just freezes. Users than try to click around and get frustrated about this behavior not knowing that something happens in behind. 

So my question is: can the occurring of spinner be configured (to occur faster), can the spinner be shown more prominently (not only small spinner)?

This would be really important for usability.

Thanks.

Dejan

• Thank you for your feature idea. I will file this to our feature request system. Lets see if this would make it's way in the future to the product. 

The feature request (improvement) identifier is #159321. Also, please see your Community PM for my message. 

• Hi,

+1 for this request. We do also have some heavy metadata card rules, and for some objects it takes 2-5 seconds to load the card open. This is fine and understandable, but the problem is that the card just "freezes" and is blank, so the users never actually realize that something is really happening and like mentioned above, they start to click around and that can lead to other processes starting etc. In classic web, there is actually a spinner spinning so it would be good to have something indicating the loading to the desktop client as well.