This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

File download problem via classic web client

Hello,

Some of our users use the M-Files via classic web client.

Our problem is if they double click to a single-file document, that object doesn't download automatically.
They get the usual desktop message (Object is read-only at the moment. Do you want to check it out to modify?)

After they check it out, modify, save and close, don't find this file anywhere. There isn't in the Download folder.

If I sign in via web client, it works well for me. The file downloads with double click automatically, so I think maybe it will be web browser configuration, but if it's true, what should I set up?

I am without idea.

Both of us use Google Chrome with M-Files Chrome extension.

Could you help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

Parents Reply Children
  • Dear Atte,

Thank you for your answer.

I'm Admin user so I have full permission in the vault. Our client has permissions for edit also.

So if he uses M-Files Desktop, this message wouldn't be problem (although he gets this message at non-editable format too, that is basically wrong). But he uses web only.

He didn't receive this message before on classic M-Files web and all of our web users don't receive this message only some users.

I think it is the correct working on classic M-Files web, if the document's downloading automatically as at my own user and it is indepentent from the edit permissions.

So that is the problem he gets the message and that is not problem I don't. 

Or not?