This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New feature for anonymous login for the new web client also for https://kb.cloudvault.m-files.com/vnext/ ?

MUST HAVE:

Could someone please activate this. Would be a good base to decide if I should advise the customers to invest into a read-only connector license for consuming-only-employees like elderly care nurses which sometimes need to read an instruction document, for example, but caring for their clients the rest of the week.

see: https://www.m-files.com/user-guide/latest/deu/Publishing_with_M-Files.html (you may switch to English language with greeting from all DACH partners :) )

SHOULD HAVE (soon):

Wishlist for additional appearance customizing (also since 21.12 release):

• HELP pages for it (I searched several minutes where to configure - especially if "Enabled" is "no" by default which hides the rest - and many people perhaps forget to set it to "yes")
  • Possibility to include (update-resistently!!!) a custom CSS file after the standard CSS files (perhaps delivered empty) - or more configuration options similar to the Theme Editor for the Desktop client
  • I've increase the helping text of the login page by the hint "INTRANET\" before user is (still?) necessary - how to change such things update-resistently?

Thanks so far.

Parents
  • The instructions for customizing the appearance of the new M-Files Web have been now published to KB: Customizing the Appearance of the New M-Files Web The release news page has been updated with a link.

• A comment to the instructions or rather to the functionality of the settings: Despite the fact that you can change settings in each vault on a server you will get the same logos and icons on all vaults on the server as set in the first vault. That is probably OK in most cases but be careful if you host different organizations on the same server!

Correction: having tested a bit more it actually is possible to have different user interface logos. The catch is that your browser will cache the first image downloaded and use that one again when changing to a different vault. If you refresh the browser window, it will change the logo. I suppose most users will only be using one vault if there are multiple organizations on one server, so they will never see other logos than the one attached to their own vault.

• According to our developer the behavior depends on whether each vault on the server has its own DNS name or not, i.e. does each vault have an individual VaultDNSConfig entry which can be used to detect the specific vault connection. If VaultDNSConfig is not set, then the theme settings of the first valid vault that has theming enabled will be used.

I'll ask the doc team if these functionality details could be added to the configuration guide.

• According to our developer the behavior depends on whether each vault on the server has its own DNS name or not, i.e. does each vault have an individual VaultDNSConfig entry which can be used to detect the specific vault connection. If VaultDNSConfig is not set, then the theme settings of the first valid vault that has theming enabled will be used.

I'll ask the doc team if these functionality details could be added to the configuration guide.

Children
No Data