The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion
  • And there it is Slight smile

But already spotted the first bug.. Created a document, copied a pdf into it, converted to single file, pinned.. Then replaced the file with another PDF.. When selected in pinned tab, the old pdf is shown in Preview.. But only in pinned tab..

Edit:

Please ignore the small icons at the bottem, they are from me and have nothing to do with the new Desktop UI!

• Currently, the pinned items always refer to a specific object version. You can see the latest object version by selecting "Show in listing area" from the three-dot menu. This is a known issue; we will be changing this at some point so that the pinned object always refers to the latest object version.

• It would be interesting to hear what was the though process behind these kinds of decisions:

• Idea: Let's implement Pin board concept.
    • Development team: When the user pins an object, they probably want the specific version pinned? We do not use specific version by default anywhere else in the system (views, Favorites concept, searches), but probably in this use case the users probably want the specific version - right?

Sometimes it is difficult to grasp how Product Development reaches decisions that anyone else thinks are not the correct decisions...

• There are other inconsistencies which makes the life of a Vault Architect sometimes harder than it has to be and sometimes I cannot imagine a good reason behind it, just to name one of them which bothers me most:

- Differences between Document Object and other Object Types

1) Why Class Groups only for Documents?

2) Why can't we pull properties from a related Document?

Unifiying Object Types (make a super Object Type with all the features) would help a lot and I don't see any drawback..

To Topic:

If you are using Addons you have to start the new Client at first in Classic Mode, if you start directly in New Mode Addons will not get activated!

• Clearly a bug, not even a bad feature.

An other problem : how can you drag and pin something into the pinned tab, directly at the right place, like in the previous version ? The only way seems to select the element > Right clic > Select pin in the menu (the element will go into the default group) > Select the pin tab > Move the new element to the correct place ?