The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

Automatic update installation package folder and registry settings

Hi,

when automatically updating M-Files Client is there some way to change the default installation package folder? I think it's currently in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Motive\M-Files Setup Packages", but I may be wrong.

The reason I would like to change the package location is because we are setting automatic updates for users via automatic update registry settings, but we encountered issues with network, because about 80 users started downloading large update installation packages at ones from the internet and the network can't handle it very well. My thought was to download the msi file once, put it into some shared folder and just set the installation package folder location to that shared folder for all users.

I know you can do automatic updates via GPO very similar to this using some XML and scripts, etc., but I was just trying to find the simplest solution to updates accross the whole company.

And my second question, which kind of follows up the previous one, is... Is there any list of registry keys/settings for M-Files? I sometimes find registry keys in regedit that are related to M-Files, but I can't find any documentation for them on the internet. That one I would really appreciate, because sometimes I spend a lot of time searching through the forums, support website and the public cloud only to find out that the key or setting I'm searching for probably doesn't even exist.

Thank you for any feedback.

Regards, Dominik