MFiles (ver. 23.4.) processes (MFClient, MFStatus, etc.) not running

Hi,

we used a group policy way of running an msi on user computers. I don't know the details of this because my colleague does that part. All I know is that those users probably had version 23.4. already and then the msi ran again. Of course, this is not ideal, but uhhhh... I blame my colleague.

After this, some users experience complete shutdown of all mfiles processes. So any process that runs usually, such as MFClient.exe, MFSetup.exe, MFStatus.exe and sometimes MFAUClient.exe gets shutdown and it's not possible to start MFClient and MFStatus again. I was only able to start up MFSetup, but that did nothing anyway. I am not even sure what MFSetup does to be honest.

Now what I want to focus on more on is how do I start all the processes back up again? The only solution that I have now when people call me that they can't use MFiles is to reinstall it, which... I guess it's fine, because that usually takes up 10 minutes maximum, but it would be nice to reboot it in another way.

Speaking of reboot, rebooting their computer does not help, not even multiple times.

I already tried starting up individual exe files in "C:\Program Files\M-Files\23.4.12528.8\Bin\x64", like MFClient.exe, MFStatus.exe, MFSetup.exe, Activator.exe and none of them seemed to do anything. I don't think I tried all of them though, so I am hoping for some miracle exe file that would solve all our problems.

Thank you for any advice.