This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Full-Text Search broken for newly created Objects

Suddenly I cannot search for newly created Object, so I guess Indexing doesn't work anymore and I think there are two Indexes missing.

Rebuilding doesn't work..

Advanced Vault Settings:

Indexes on Drive:

How could this happen and how can I fix it?

Thank you very much!

Parents
  • For these sorts of issues I suggest that you contact support@m-files.com, and let them know that the vault search is completely broken.  They are best placed to guide you.

Of course, please do initially try the content made available by , but for serious issues like this I would suggest that a forum is not the best place for support.

Regards,

Craig.

• As M-Files doesn't want me as a customer anymore (okay, I don't want to upgrade to a license which is overkill especially in terms of costs as I'm a private user) I don't have a subscription at the moment.. So I'll have to take what I can get for free.. Was a paying customer for years, paid 250,- for a license and 60,- a year for renewal but then suddenly there was no renewal anymore and I after further enquiry sales made me an upgrade offer for M-Files Online which I cannot and don't want to afford..

So if there will be no help here, I'll have to try on my own hopefully making things not worse..

Best Regards

Stefan

• As M-Files doesn't want me as a customer anymore (okay, I don't want to upgrade to a license which is overkill especially in terms of costs as I'm a private user) I don't have a subscription at the moment.. So I'll have to take what I can get for free.. Was a paying customer for years, paid 250,- for a license and 60,- a year for renewal but then suddenly there was no renewal anymore and I after further enquiry sales made me an upgrade offer for M-Files Online which I cannot and don't want to afford..

So if there will be no help here, I'll have to try on my own hopefully making things not worse..

Best Regards

Stefan

Children
  • Hi there, 

As a first option, please run Verify & Repair (thorough) for the whole document vault to see if the vault structure is intact, or if this is just an indexing issue. 

if no files from the document vault are missing, then re-index the document vault. 

If files are missing, please check your antivirus software if it has quarantined something. 

Also it's a good practice to exclude document vault location, as well the software installation folder from the antivirus scans. 

• Hi Timo,

already started a quick repair but it hangs at step 12/12 (waiting for background tasks, no progress visible), hopefully it finishes sometimes then I will execute a complete verify & repair.. Re-Indexing doesn't work (as seen in my first post), maybe it works after repairing.. Antivirus didn't quarantine anything but I followed your recommendation and excluded the folders..

Best Regards