The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How much storage does M-Files need to do version upgrade?

How much storage does M-Files need to do version upgrade? what are the component for calculating the storage when updating M-Files version? on my case it seem calculate all the vaults that we have in the server even though most of the vaults are offline.

Parents Reply Children
  • ok. I have normally more space free then I get never this problem. 

• Well the upgrade process is like this.

1) The new version is installed

2) All data from older version is copied to the new version (if you have all vaults data/apps saved where M-Files is installed, then you need at least a little above the amount of space the current version occupies)

3) After the data is copied, it checks if everything works (services are starting)

4) If upgrade completes successfully, then it starts deleting the data from the old version.

• Hi,

Thank you for the explanation, so it is by design doing all the steps that you mention. hope M-Files can change the way it upgrade the software without copying all vault data since it is in the same location or at least only online vaults get copy.