The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hierarchy Manager from CK - need help

Hello,

I need help with Hierarchy Manager from Compliance Kit.

I have 3 different Object Types using the same workflow.

Is it possible to use Hierarchy Manager this way?

As I configured it, when I try to transition the first object type, I receive an error from the second object type hirarchy rule, because the reference properties on the related objects are different, each related object point to the corresponding object type.

Kind Regards,

Radu

Parents Reply Children
  • This is the error I receive:

This is the configuration:

The idea is that I do not want to see an error, that some other objects were prevented from transitioning.

The only option I see, is to create my own VAF for Hierarchy Manager. Disappointed

It would have been nice to be able to configure hierarchy rules based on objects/class + workflow, and not workflow alone.

Do you have any other idea?

• Ok, I managed to make it work, by adding a state for each object type that I need in the Hierarchy Manager.

It is not an elegant solution, but it will suffice for now.

I hope a later version of Hierarchy Manager, will give us the option to filter Hierarchy Rules by Object Type/Class to have more options available.