The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Copy documents and resettnig workflow status and other fields

I guess there are somewhere config params where I can specify a blacklist which fields should NOT be copied by right mouse click and create copy.

Does someone knows where? Advanced config or CK?

Parents
  • The built-in Make Copy command will always make an identical copy with all the properties copied to the new object. If you need to selectively choose which properties to copy, you should use Object Creator in Compliance Kit which is free to use in any vault.

• Yes I have implemented copying the data of a purchase invoice as a plan position for the budgeting data.
    ... but does not work in new web client which 70-80% of our stuff - who use MacBooks - use as default client - or does it work already?

The customer needs it only for the Desktop client - so no problem in this case. Is it possible to disable make copy for some document classes - especially together with Version control light you have to reset some states - or just correct the fields within the BeforeCreateNewObjectsFinalize event - or is this event to early for correction?

• Yes I have implemented copying the data of a purchase invoice as a plan position for the budgeting data.
    ... but does not work in new web client which 70-80% of our stuff - who use MacBooks - use as default client - or does it work already?

The customer needs it only for the Desktop client - so no problem in this case. Is it possible to disable make copy for some document classes - especially together with Version control light you have to reset some states - or just correct the fields within the BeforeCreateNewObjectsFinalize event - or is this event to early for correction?

Children