The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Select user or team in one property (two object types in one property)

Hello!

I'm looking for a way how to use two objects in one property. I would like to have one preperty where i can select user or team (two different object types).
The only idea I have is to create a new object with the script when a new user or team is created. The new object would have dual properties of both user and team objects and the name of one of them.
Does anyone have a better idea or has done something like this before?

• A lookup property can only point to one object type so what you are asking is not directly possible.

You might want to consider adding two properties to the metadata card (one pointing to the user list and one to the team list), marking them both required by default with metadata card configuration (don't set them mandatory in the class settings) and then set the empty property not required or hide it when the other property is filled. Then the requirements would change dynamically on the metadata card as the user fills the fields. You can also add descriptions for these properties to guide the user.

• Thanks Joonas,

I'll think about that. However, users may get confused when selecting in two properties. I have the same problem with "sender" and "recipient" in letter object. The "recipient" can be a user or a client and the user will not know in which field to look for it.

I will have to create a letter object with six properties for user, customer, lead as a sender and as a recipient.

BR