This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Office for the web does not work

Hi guys

I tried to configure office for the web, using Microsoft 365 and following this tutorial:

Setting Up the Office for the Web Backend Service for the New M-Files Web.pdf (Desktop, Web, Mobile)

Moreover, I configured/activated Office for the Web under advanced configuration - Client - Web.

However, I face the problem that the Office Online Editor does not open, showing exactly this issue stated in chapter 4.4 in the above tutorial. I did the changes on IIS, but still it does not work.

Anyone an idea where the error could be?

Kind regards,

Dario

Parents Reply Children
  • Dear Joonas

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have installed M-Files on our own Azure VM.

I thought with an M365 subscription it would work too and replace the office online server in M-Files on-premise environments.

In the manual there is this URL: 

https://onenote.officeapps.live.com/hosting/discovery which should work with M365 subcriptions.

However, I found this statement:

In cloud environments, you must have a valid Microsoft 365 subscription to edit documents with Office for the web. In on-premises environments, the Microsoft 365 subscription is not required, but an Office Online Server environment must be set up, instead. For instructions, see section 3.

Does this mean, that combining M-Files on-premise and M365 for online editing is not possible at all?

I thought it should be possible as this test also works fine and the xml appears in the browser:

http://<address of the Office Online Server installation>/hosting/discovery

Thank you very much for clarifying.

Kind regards,

Dario

• With vaults hosted on-premises or your own cloud environment: you need Office Online Server, unless your organization can join the Office Cloud Storage Partner Program. (I personally don't know what's involved in joining that program.)

With vaults hosted on M-Files Cloud: contact our support team to enable the features.