This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PDF compression - compress existing files

I should to know if M-Files server apply some compression to PDF files. These files can be
- archived manually by the user
- imported by the M-Files import service
- imported by a custom application that read an xml file and save the pdf inside the archive (something similar to the service...)

These pdf files are generated using scanners: so the size of each file can be 4 or 5 Mb.

Now, I would like to know if M-Files apply some compression or the files are archived as-is.

My M-Files server version is 11.1.43: we should upgrade the application (our license is updated) but the server is a Windows Server 2008 that we have to dismiss.

Thank you very much.

Davide

Parents
  • Thanks for the reply.

So, what you are saying is that we have to implement a sort of "PDFcompressor" utility after having obtained the pdf file from the scanner and before M-Files (or one of the other services) began the process of import. Is it correct?

• If your primary goal is to save disk space and avoid manual processes, then I believe that would be the best way.

There are other benefits from compressing files. It is faster to open them, and it lowers network traffic if the files involved get opened a lot. It is up to you to decide which - if any - of those benefits is worth the effort and then select the method best suited to achieve that goal.

• If your primary goal is to save disk space and avoid manual processes, then I believe that would be the best way.

There are other benefits from compressing files. It is faster to open them, and it lowers network traffic if the files involved get opened a lot. It is up to you to decide which - if any - of those benefits is worth the effort and then select the method best suited to achieve that goal.

Children
No Data