The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Automatic property filling if it is left empty

Hello everyone,
I would say I am mostly novice in M-Files administration, and now have no option but to search for available information on how the system should work smoothly. After almost 6 hours or reading manuals and forums I still do not have much idea about the following thing my colleagues would like to see: there is a metadata card with properties 1) "Area responsible", which is mandatory and value is provided by external list; 2) "Field inspector" which is not mandatory BUT if it is left empty, is there any way to automatically assign the value identical to the one chosen for "Area responsible"? I tried through Metadata card configuration - but probably doing something wrong or this kind of functionality requires scripting Rolling eyes

Thank you in advance for help!