Theming Changes Latest Update!

Theming Changes Latest Update!

Today, we are making an Early Access version of the M-Files November release available to customers. The purpose of this release is to allow customers who are currently using the M-Files Theme Editor to test the new theming configuration settings in M-Files Admin.

The new theming settings will replace the current M-Files Theme Editor. Starting with the November 2022 M-Files Desktop Client release, settings in the M-Files Theme Editor will no longer be visible.

The early release can be downloaded here!

NOTE: This Early Access release is not an officially supported production version of M-Files and should only be used in a development/testing/isolated environments.

If you are not currently using the M-Files Theme Editor, you don't need to take any actions.

If you are using the Theme Editor but have Automatic Updates disabled for your M-Files Desktop Clients, you don't need to take any immediate actions.  When the official November 2022 release is made available (M-Files Cloud servers updated on November 20th, upgrade made available to on-premises M-Files customers on November 23rd), you can follow these steps:

1. Upgrade M-Files Server to the November 22 release
  2. Configure the theming settings in M-Files Admin
  3. Upgrade a workstation to the November 22 release and test theming settings
  4. Upgrade all workstations to the November 22 release

If you are using the theme editor and have automatic updates enabled for M-Files Desktop, here are the actions you can take now:

1. Configure M-Files so that theming is ready for the new M-Files Desktop UI in November's release

What is needed:

• An M-Files server with the M-Files October '22 release.

What can I do:

• I can preconfigure the theming settings in M-Files Admin now. Those settings will take affect when the M-Files system is updated to the M-Files November '22 release.

(Note that the suggested logo size settings are incorrect in the October 22 release, the dimensions of your custom logo should be less than or equal to 98x24)

2. Test the new theming settings so I can verify that my theming works as intended when the official November release comes out.

What is needed:

• An isolated test or development environment
  • An M-Files Server in this environment with the M-Files November '22 Early Access release
  • An M-Files Desktop Client in this environment with M-Files November '22 Early Access release

What can I do:

• I can configure the theming settings in M-Files Admin in the isolated environment, AND I can test them with the M-Files Desktop Client

NOTE: This Early Access release is not an officially supported production version of M-Files and should only be used in a development/testing/isolated environments. 

• After you've tested your settings in a test environment you can then apply those same theming settings to your production server that is running either the M-Files October '22 release, or the official November '22 release (M-Files Cloud servers updated on November 20th, upgrade made available to on-premises M-Files customers on November 23rd). It is important that your settings are applied to your production M-Files Server prior to automatic update of your M-Files Desktop Clients (scheduled for November 28th)

Applying the settings on your M-Files server will have no effect on versions of the M-Files Desktop Client prior to November '22 so will not impact users on older versions.

3. Wait for the official M-Files November '22 release, and still test theming before the automatic updates for M-Files Desktop are released.

What is needed:

• An M-Files server with the M-Files November '22 release (M-Files Cloud servers updated on November 20th, upgrade made available to on-premises M-Files customers on November 23rd).
  • An M-Files client with M-Files November '22 release (Downloads available on Wednesday 23rd)

What can I do:

• I can configure the theming for my production servers starting November 21st or 23rd, and test settings on a single M-Files Desktop client that has been manually updated between November 23rd and the 27th.

NOTE: Automatic updates for the M-Files Desktop November '22 release begin on November 28th, so the window to test with this method is very short. There will be 5 to 7 days between the availability of M-Files Server November '22 and the automatic updates of M-Files Desktop Clients.

If you have any questions, please comment on this post. 

Parents Comment Children
No Data