This release will be available in all regions on the 28th of February 2023.
Main improvements and fixes:
Improvement: Office for the web editing for M-Files widgets
Description: Hubshare Cloud customers can now use the M-Files widgets to open and edit Office documents in the M-Files widgets. You must have an active Office 365 subscription to use the Office apps.
Improvement: Check out and check in for M-Files widgets
Description: You can now check out an object for editing with the M-Files widgets. This means that the object is locked for you and no one else can edit the object at the same time. Remember to check in the object to let others see your changes and to add their edits.
- Check out is also necessary for editing content with the Office for the web apps.
- When you use the Open in browser command, you are asked to check out the object.
- You can also use the Undo checkout command for objects that you have checked out. The operation cancels any changes that were done after the object was checked out.
- Hub admins can undo a checkout for all objects.
- Objects checked out with M-Files can only be checked in with M-Files.
- To see who has checked out an object, hover your cursor on the check-out icon.
Improvement: Document watermarking
Description: Hub admins can now create watermark templates and use them to add watermarks on documents when they are viewed or printed.
Improvement: Right-click menu option for M-Files widgets
Description: A right-click menu is now available for objects shown in the M-Files widgets. The right-click menu has the same options as the three-dot menu.
Improvement: Setting for allowed file extensions in M-Files Creator
Description: You can now specify a list of allowed file extensions in the configuration for the M-Files Creator widget. This feature can be used to limit the type of files that the users can upload to M-Files with the widget.
Defect: The Social and Project widgets update data very slowly
Symptom: The Social and Project widgets can take a very long time to show the data added to the Social and Project modules.
Defect: Time data inconsistent in property values
Symptom: If the user and the M-Files server are in different time zones, time values in date and date-time properties are not the same. In some cases, even the date data can be different.
For information on how to use and configure M-Files Hubshare, please refer to these guides: