Object Creation - Assignments

Hi all,

On the "Contract's" metadata card, I have two properties ("Budget Owner" and "Business Owner") where I define the persons who will receive assignments. I want to ensure that if the same person is assigned to both properties, only one assignment is created, not two.

Since my assignments are created using the Property Calculator - Object Creator, I tried setting an Advanced Condition that Budget Owner != Business Owner, but it didn't work. I also tried using the Create Only If Not Exist option with conditions to ensure the "Assigned to" property is not the same, but that didn't work either.

How can I achieve this?
Thank you!

• Hi,

I don't remember exactly how duplicate detection logic is implemented, but most likely problem is that you are creating duplicate in same transaction, and it is not in vault yet when duplication detection happens.

Easiest way to solve this would be to use separate property to list all persons to get assignment. With PC, you don't have to save that list to object but instead it can be removed immediately after assignments are created. 

1. Add MSLU property to vault which lists users: (PC_helper: Assignment for in my example)

2. Use grouping level and set conditions to grouping level instead of separate calculation rules.

3. First rule combine users to helper property: (all users are automatically added only once)

4. Use create object rule like you have done earlier except

- use helper property instead of owner lists

- Leave conditions empty (since they are defined in groping level)

5. Third rule removes helper property, so that it is not saved to metadata card:

And then you should have new assignments without duplications.

Hope this will solve your issue.

• Thank you for your assistance; it was very helpful. I've created a helper property and am now generating assignments based on it. The only thing I couldn't achieve is creating separate assignments for each person listed in this helper MSLU, but having them all in one assignment is also acceptable.

• You need to configure "Assigned to" property in ValueCombinationForSeparateObjects section, like in my screenshot. Then all users should have separate assignments.

Verify also that you do not have "Assigned to" configured in any other section or it will overwrite this logic.