What is the most efficient way to save email threads to M-Files

I have an email thread with a business partner. This e-mail goes back and forth a few times and in his latest email he sent me a proposal. I responded to that proposal and want to save this to M-Files.

What I did now was save the thread including the proposal to M-FIles. I separated the attachment from the e-mail so now it's the message thread and the proposal as two files in the multifile document. Then I dragged my response from Outlook to the thread file in the multifile document and saved as a new version of the file.

The way this is available in M-Files is great but if he responds to my e-mail I have to manually drag the mail over every time. And if he attaches another file I can't replace the version without embedding the attachment in the thread file.

Is there an easier way to update an e-mail thread in M-Files based on new received messages of the same message tracking ID? It would be really nice if that way of working also included updating the version of the attachment if it goes back and forth.