This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Management of Configurations

Hi M-Files Forum, 

As you are aware, M-Files is a highly configurable system and, I was wondering how other users have organized their configurations once they begin to become substantial in number.

Over time, I can see the configurations area becoming very large and tough to manage. Is there anything you can recommend to pre-empt the problem? And be more proactive about how these are managed? My concern is making sure configurations are organized in a way that ensures future administrators inherit a logical and organized system that allows them to do their job effectively and efficiently.

For example: Have you or your organizations used any specific groupings or categories to organize the various types of configurations?

e.g. "workflow" configs, "appearance" configs etc.

Many thanks in advance.

Parents
  • Here's how I categorize Managed Properties for easier finding:

This helps me a lot but has the downside that you have do a lot of work sorting the rules cause there is only "Move to Top, "Move Up", "Move Down" and "Move to Bottom" buttons.. Would be cool to have the option to cut and paste a rule or move drag it to another position or if "Make Copy" would make the copy at the source position and not at the end of the list..

• Here's how I categorize Managed Properties for easier finding:

This helps me a lot but has the downside that you have do a lot of work sorting the rules cause there is only "Move to Top, "Move Up", "Move Down" and "Move to Bottom" buttons.. Would be cool to have the option to cut and paste a rule or move drag it to another position or if "Make Copy" would make the copy at the source position and not at the end of the list..

Children
No Data