This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How can I change the label "Version" of the Object version into "Change" (German: "Änderung")

In metadata card configuration I can hide Object version

but I cannot rename it via Translatable Object Titles

I want to rename it to "Change No." or German "Änderung" to separate this term from "Version" in the meaning used in Version Control Lite. The Object Version isn't a real "Version" number but only a change counter - so I would like to name it like that.

I also did not found a possibility in Developer portal just by quick screening. Do you have an advise for me?

Parents
  • Hi Falk,
    You are quite right, it can be confusing when the same term is used for 2 different concepts. Unfortunately, "Version" is not included in the list of terms (XML table exported from the vault language settings) that can be localized to your own language either. Can't think of way to do this but would encourage M-Files to include this as an option.

• Exactly that is the point. Easiest way would be to include this team to be translated.

More difficult would be to have an agreed new "version" of this term like "change", "history version" - or in German "Änderung". 

Perhaps we should have a look at version control tools - they talk about commit or revision - but version are only created manually.

Meanwhile we have a workaround to use the meta data card option for hiding (history) version number:

• Hi ,

How do hide version number? I used hiding of both Id and version, also an object type and have not find an option just to hide version in metadata card rules. Perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks.

Dejan

• As you see, I'm no designer or UI developer but I guess you will find it Slight smile

I've just found it by chance - never saw it before. I guess it's a quite new feature but everyone can search the release notes for more specific information. Slight smile

Reply Children