This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files External to Upload Files

Hi all,

I might be asking a simple question. 

Let say that we are using M-Files for recruitment process and we require the candidates to also upload and edit documents (e.g : Certificates, CV and etc ) in M-Files. 

Do we have any alternative than giving the candidates the hyperlink which will require license.

Or do you guys have any advice on sharing the access to external parties ?

• You have a few options:

1. You have a web application that allows the user to upload their documents, then write those to disk somewhere and use the "External File Source" functionality to import them.
    2. You integrate a web application with M-Files via one of the APIs (this will still need a login, but licensing is much more straight-forward than everyone needing a licence).
    3. You use Hubshare or similar.

It depends on a number of factors.  Largely, I guess, how willing you are to write code.  If you have that capability then I would probably go down route #2.  If you don't want to write code then you'll need to look at Hubshare or something similar; I know that our partners have some off-the-shelf solutions (https://catalog.m-files.com).

Regards,

Craig.