The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files External to Upload Files

Hi all,

I might be asking a simple question. 

Let say that we are using M-Files for recruitment process and we require the candidates to also upload and edit documents (e.g : Certificates, CV and etc ) in M-Files. 

Do we have any alternative than giving the candidates the hyperlink which will require license.

Or do you guys have any advice on sharing the access to external parties ?

Parents
  • You have a few options:

1. You have a web application that allows the user to upload their documents, then write those to disk somewhere and use the "External File Source" functionality to import them.
    2. You integrate a web application with M-Files via one of the APIs (this will still need a login, but licensing is much more straight-forward than everyone needing a licence).
    3. You use Hubshare or similar.

It depends on a number of factors.  Largely, I guess, how willing you are to write code.  If you have that capability then I would probably go down route #2.  If you don't want to write code then you'll need to look at Hubshare or something similar; I know that our partners have some off-the-shelf solutions (https://catalog.m-files.com).

Regards,

Craig.

Reply Children
No Data