This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Preventing document checkout if not needed

Hi M-Files and community,

We have specific case where some power users in last workflow step can change certain metadata before doing workflow transition. This works well through validation so we kind of force users to do transition if they change certain metadata.

However, as those users have edit rights, they can also checkout document. To be able to prevent content changes, I have used Utilities File Version concept and server side validation to check if someone changed content in that workflow step. This also works well and users are confronted with server side error wrapped in M-Files plugin window if they try to change content.

The question which arises why they are able to check the document in the first place. Server side validation is generally not very user friendly and annoys users with stack trace details.

So the question, is there any option to prevent checkout in certain workflow steps through some general configuration? I am not aware but perhaps I miss something.

Best regards,

Dejan

Parents Reply Children
No Data