The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

M-Files Importer ignore mandatory fields

Hi

I try to import a CSV with corrected classes for 15k documents. I exported them before out of the M-Files client. The customer assigned the rows to the new classes.

So I wanted to import them again. But I'll get the error, that the mandatory property "xxx" has no value.

Most of the mandatory properties from the classes are not available in those old documents.

What is the best practise to be able to import them anyway? Is it possible to tell the importer "ignore mandatory fields"?

Put all mandatory fields to be not mandatory is way too much work, Im looking for a better way.

How you solve cases like this?

Thank you in advance!

• You can't get around the mandatory property requirements with M-Files Importer as far as I know, these are checked to maintain data integrity in the vault. You need to either remove the requirements from the classes, upload and then re-enable the requirements or find a way to set the value for each mandatory property some way.

Depending on the property in question, you can for instance provide a fixed value in the M-Files Importer settings, some value in the CSV file (could be a dummy value, such as "N/A" for mandatory text properties) and/or use an event handler script in the vault to fill mandatory properties which do not have a value coming from M-Files Importer (if more advanced logic is needed).