The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Prevent to create new object when Documents have the same QR code- only add as attachment

I checked on comumunity forum, but I havent found this use case so far. 

We generate the document with QR code  in other System (some information are stored  in QR) and then import them to M-Files - so based on rights relevant people can see it in M-files. In some cases, we share this document with customers via email. Who can edit this document, sign it, or make some adjustments.  Then we import this file to  M-Files as well - by automatic import from email. 

I wonder if there is any possibility in M-Files how to prevent to create the new object (if the second document content is different but it has the same QR code)  - but instead creting new object only add this new document as attachment to the first file with the same QR code. (by import). 

Thank you

Pavol