This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Prevent to create new object when Documents have the same QR code- only add as attachment

I checked on comumunity forum, but I havent found this use case so far. 

We generate the document with QR code  in other System (some information are stored  in QR) and then import them to M-Files - so based on rights relevant people can see it in M-files. In some cases, we share this document with customers via email. Who can edit this document, sign it, or make some adjustments.  Then we import this file to  M-Files as well - by automatic import from email. 

I wonder if there is any possibility in M-Files how to prevent to create the new object (if the second document content is different but it has the same QR code)  - but instead creting new object only add this new document as attachment to the first file with the same QR code. (by import). 

Thank you

Pavol 

Parents
  • Craig is absolutely right. We have several similar scenarios ourselves and proceed in a similar manner.

The import takes place through a helper class, where at a step of the work process, by means of code, we perform a search in the main class for a match with the value of QR Code. If there is one, we add the file in a multi-file document, if not, we create a new one.

At the end of the workflow, we delete the temporary object.

This begs the question - Is this an on-premise solution or will it be published in the cloud?

If it will be in the cloud, the code will have to be validated by M-Files.

• Craig is absolutely right. We have several similar scenarios ourselves and proceed in a similar manner.

The import takes place through a helper class, where at a step of the work process, by means of code, we perform a search in the main class for a match with the value of QR Code. If there is one, we add the file in a multi-file document, if not, we create a new one.

At the end of the workflow, we delete the temporary object.

This begs the question - Is this an on-premise solution or will it be published in the cloud?

If it will be in the cloud, the code will have to be validated by M-Files.

Children