Revision of templates

Dear all,

Please allow me to state the following: I am new to M-files Workflows.

My goal is to filter out template files which have not been modified for more than 12 months to have them reviewed to check if they are still up to date.

Is it possible to create a workflow to filter out existing templates files?
In this specific case, I would like to assign templates files to users/groups for them to review.

It's possible to create a view to list all templates tagged with "is template" and filter them by date, but I haven't found a way to include all templates in a workflow to check if they need a revision and assign them to a person / group.

Thank you for your help.

• You can create a View with a filter that will show templates which have not been modified in the last 365 days, see screenshot below.

I would not use a workflow on templates because that workflow is likely to be copied on to any new objects created from the template.

Generally the number of templates are relatively low in a vault, you should be able to manage them manually. The special view would allow you to add an assignment to templates in need of a review.

If this is not satisfactory in your case you could consider a different approach involving a separate "repeating task" object type with a workflow to your liking. Create an object for each template (or group of templates) and add a relation to the template(s) in question. The repeating task object should then automatically create an assignment for the relevant user(s) every time the repeating interval has passed.

• The workflow is not copied from the template to the new objects by default, so it's possible to have the templates in a separate workflow if needed.