I need to return M-Files user by using calculated value (VBScript)

I will utilize a connection to an external database to manage the employee object. This employee object includes a property for storing the email address, which I want to use to search for the corresponding M-Files user account. Once the user account is retrieved, I want to update the "M-Files User" property in the employee object. The "M-Files User" property is a dropdown list that allows selection from the Users value list.  Could you please to share me some script sample? Thanks.

• Hi Henry

First of all you should notice that Microsoft has announced their intention to deprecate VBScript. It is not a viable long term strategy for you to build new solutions on VBScript. You should be looking for better options.

The Users list in the vault does not have information on the user's email address. So unless you use the email address as login name you will not be able to do search for users directly via the email address.
    You should consider the concept of an Employee object type which can hold that information and be synchronized with login accounts using the Compliance Kit User Synchronization module (can be added free of charge). You might be able to configure your current Employee object in a way that would allow Compliance Kit Synchronization to add supplemental information including the user account to those Employees who have an M-Files user account. If not you would have to use separate object types and then link them together via the email address. That could probably be done using Compliance Kit Managed properties.