The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Notifications using Advanced Notification Modules

Hello,

I configured some notifications using this module, but I am facing with an "issue".

I have a trigger for a certain state to send the notification. My issue is that if some preconditions for the triggering state are not met, so the transition does not finalize succesfully, the notification is still being sent.

I want to send the notification when the object actually transitions to the state.

Is there a way to overcome this?

Regards,

Radu

Parents
  • Interesting behavior. A couple of workaround ideas:

• Move the preconditions to be postconditions on the previous state (depends of course on your workflow if this is possible)
    • If the above is not possible, add an extra state to the workflow so that the preconditions are checked in this new intermediate state and there is an automatic transition directly to the "end state" from where the notification should be sent. This way the object doesn't match the notification rule when the preconditions are evaluated.
  • Hello,

Sorry, I misspoke.

The conditions are in Postconditions.

It is hard to apply your second option as for there are 4 possible outcomes.

Here are 3 notifications rules depending on next state.

• So are you saying that the notification rules are matching the following states (not "Initiata") and still a notification is dispatched even when the postconditions are not met on the Initiata state? That sounds strange to me since the object shouldn't move out of the state if the postconditions are not met.

• Yes, I think the notification rule is triggered before postconditions check.

From the User Guide:

1. The BeforeCheckOut event
    2. The AfterCheckOut event
    3. The BeforeSetProperties event
    4. Property value validation
    5. Calculating automatic property values
    6. The AfterSetProperties event
    7. The BeforeCheckInChanges event
    8. Previous workflow state postconditions

So my guess is that the notification is sent at "BeforeCheckInChanges". I do not know how this is set in CK in the backend.

I see this as a big issue in Advanced Notification Module.

• The only viable solution is to make 3 intermediate states for this to work correctly.

I will do that.

Thanks for your support.

Reply Children
No Data