The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Control Documents using Managed Properties?

Hi,

I am writing to request suggestions to help me solve the following problem:

Imagine that you have a credit opening procedure, you are going to create a file that must contain 3 requisite documents. We want to validate that the 3 documents exist since if at least one is missing, the file is not complete and for example it cannot go to another stage of an approval workflow.

Is possible that the solution could point to the use of Managed Properties, but I don't understand how it could help me.

Would send a simple example that I can use as reference?

I will be very grateful.

Best Regards
Luis Arturo

• This is possible but it requires multiple document properties.

If you add a property like 'Required Documents' and then setup the filter that that property looks for 3 documents, it's going to default to 'One of' which is an OR logic qualifier while we want an AND. Even if you list the 'Required Documents' property 3 times with a different document listed for each filter line it's still going to use OR logic.

I was able to get it to work by creating 3 separate properties, 'Required Document 1', 'Required Document 2', and 'Required Document 3' and have each one filtered to look for a different single specific document.

• You could potentially use Compliance Kit Managed properties and create matching rules which would refresh separate properties when other documents are created. 

As Wesley mentioned, you could have 3 "Required" properties that are updated through managed properties. When other documents are created, these properties would get populated through managed properties rule. You can read about managed properties here. They can be very usuful, you can very easiliy match 2 documents of different classes that have same values for other properties. It can be very confusing on the beginning but when you get a grip how to match documents over managed properties it can be very usuful.

Then you could have automatic transition which periodically verifies if all 3 managed properties are provided and to automatically move it into next workflow step. I think default setup is every hour but you can change it in registry to run more often if needed. 

Hope it helps.