The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is there a independent XML Parser for Event Log Exports

Hi Guys,

I wanted to check and see if there is an external XML parser available which would parse the content of exported event logs and display them in a viewable format?

It would be good to have such a tool instead of being dependant on the M-Files Admin Tool.

Parents Reply Children
  • I can see this exports the event log, but what tool is available to view this information? do you have any suggestions?

• You mean the log exporter? I switched it off after it always restarted after 30-60 minutes and creates a single XML file for each single message - no wonder that it stops.

Our BI team selects the event logs view SQL select from the MS SQL database. Just not so easy because the database format is not documented - but hopefully it won't change because the structured data are in fields having "XMLData" as type with an owm little dataset for each data row except simple ones like logged off.

I also didn't find any docu about the XML format and had to test for the types stored as integer which integer value stands for which event type or category.

Normally M-Files is well documented - but not everywhere. Perhaps it will come somewhere within the future roadmap.