This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add property in metadata card dynamically

I am unable to find this in the forum, but I've been playing with the configuration rules in the admin area to see if M-files is capable of what I'm trying to do.

So here goes...

I'm creating a document and then I enter four metadata properties as listed in the metadata card.

What I would like to do is dynamically add a property on the metadata card based on the value list in the fourth property.

I understand that this can be done by creating sublists, but I'm trying to avoid having so many Properties listed in the Metadata card that the user will have to figure out where to make the entry.

• What you could try to do is to hide the Property by default in the Metadata Card configuration and only make it visible when the appropriate value from the 4th property is selected by the user. Or you could add it as an additional property when that value is selected (also using the Metadata Card Configuration).

• We do something like this. 

We have our users put in:

Class: 

Team:

(Class Type)

Depending on what they do for the Class Type, and maybe even what Team they belong to, I do have the Configuration rules add the property after Class Type dependant on the value. It took some figuring out, but it works beautifully. 

You might want to play with the "Is Additional" along with the priority for actions being run if you have many rules layered on each other

• Thanks.  This works great!