This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to Add Objects to Multiple Classes

I have a document that I would like to add to two different classes.  The metadata would initially ask for a Class.  Then I'd fill in the rest of the metadata pertaining to that class.

Now, I also want to add that same document to another class.  So, I add a (built in) property 'Additional Classes' and I select the other class where I want the document.  I then add other properties pertaining to what I selected as 'Additional Classes.'

The document is not showing up on the view of the Metadata of the second class.  It only shows up in the view of the fIrst class.

Am I not supposed to be adding additional classes?  I'm not sure how to do this.  I just don't want to create a duplicate file and put it in the other Class.

Thanks.

Parents
  • A document can only exist in one class at a time so you must use some other property than the built-in Class to tag the document in several class categories and use that property in your views.

The built-in Additional Classes property is primarily meant to mark a document as a template for several classes and it may have some restrictions in its use for other purposes. I would try creating a new property definition of type "Choose from list (multi-select) Classes", you can perhaps set the default value for this property with the selected initial class with metadata card configuration.

• A document can only exist in one class at a time so you must use some other property than the built-in Class to tag the document in several class categories and use that property in your views.

The built-in Additional Classes property is primarily meant to mark a document as a template for several classes and it may have some restrictions in its use for other purposes. I would try creating a new property definition of type "Choose from list (multi-select) Classes", you can perhaps set the default value for this property with the selected initial class with metadata card configuration.

Children
No Data