This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VBScript Set PDF file name in multifile

Hi everyone!

We have a workflow that created multifile with PDF when the object enters a certain state. We would like to set FILENAME of PDF same as a property "Document code". Is there a simple way or do I need to write a script? If so, can anyone help me? I am a beginner at scripting...

thank you!

Dejan

Parents
  • Hi, Dejan,

I suggest something like code below:

'Get All ObjectFiles of current object:
    Vault.ObjectFileOperations.GetFilesForModificationInEventHandler ObjVer

Dim ObjectFileCollection: Set ObjectFileCollection = Vault.ObjectFileOperations.GetFiles(ObjVer)

'Iterate all object files.
    For i = 1 To ObjectFileCollection.Count

'Get object file for current iteration  from object file collection 
        Dim CurrentObjectFile: Set CurrentObjectFile = ObjectFileCollection.Item(i)

szExt = LCase(CurrentObjectFile.Extension)
    	szTitle = CurrentObjectFile.Title

If Right (szExt,4) = ".pdf" Then 
    		szNewTitle = "New_" & szTitle
    		Vault.ObjectFileOperations.RenameFile ObjVer, CurrentObjectFile.FileVer, szNewTitle, szExt , False
    	End If 
    Next

• Hi Ne0Tr0n!

Thanks for the fast reply.

Would this rename the whole MFD or just the PDF file? Because it does not work:/.

shouldnt szNewTitle be something like  szNewTitle = szDocCode ?

Because i want to set the filename of PDF same as the value of property 1518 which is text based property.

• Hi,

This example script rename every PDF file in MFD. If you have more than one file you must use different names for each one.

I make little mistake in line 17 it should be :

Vault.ObjectFileOperations.RenameFile ObjVer, CurrentObjectFile.FileVer, szNewTitle, szExt , False

instead of:

Vault.ObjectFileOperations.RenameFile ObjVer, CurrentObjectFile.FileVer, szTitle, szExt , False

Can you provide your source code?

• Hi,

here is my Script Code:

Dim ObjectFileCollection: Set ObjectFileCollection = Vault.ObjectFileOperations.GetFiles(ObjVer)
    dim szDocCode

szDocCode = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty( 1518 ).TypedValue.GetValueAsUnlocalizedText

szNewTitle = szDocCode
    	End If 
    Next

But it does not set my PDF filename to the value that I want, which is the value I have in property 1518.

• Hi,

here is my Script Code:

dim szDocCode

szDocCode = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty( 1518 ).TypedValue.GetValueAsUnlocalizedText

szNewTitle = szDocCode
    	End If 
    Next

But it does not set my PDF filename to the value that I want, which is the value I have in property 1518.

Children
  • You are absolutely right. In line  19 "If" statement is overkill.

Try simple:

If szExt = "pdf" Then

I add and current file number in case you have more than one pdf. Here is full code:

'Get Property ID by Alias
    Dim iDocCode: iDocCode = Vault.PropertyDefOperations.GetPropertyDefIDByAlias("PD.DocCode")

dim szDocCode

szDocCode = PropertyValues.SearchForProperty( iDocCode ).TypedValue.GetValueAsUnlocalizedText

If szExt = "pdf" Then 
    		szNewTitle = szDocCode & "_" & i
    	End If 
    Next

• Thank you very much Ne0Tr0n!

It works!:) I just had to change iDocCode to my value and it works perfectly!