I got a new upgrade today morning. I followed the following steps :
- Clicked on "Update now". PC restarted 2 times.
- After installation, the previous version still exists.
- The vaults still exist on the previous version, but any action on the vault would throw "Interface not supported" exception. The new version doesn't work.
- Downloaded the new version from M-Files. I tried to repair/modify but that threw an error and didn't work either
- I uninstalled the old version. The new version still didn't work
- I uninstalled the new version (upgraded by M-Files) and installed the version (new version download in step 4)
- The old vaults (m-files files, folder data and database still exists) were not available on M-Files admin anymore.
- I created new vaults but M-Files complained about license key now.
Questions are :
- Why did the upgrade didn't work correctly. Why the vaults not moved to the new M-Files version ?
- Why it asks for license, when it knows that I already had a license previously ?