This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Undelete a View

I do not see an option to undelete a View, but I'll ask anyway in case I'm just not looking at the right place.

I created a common View for my department and it took sometime to create because I had to customize many of the virtual folders.  Now, I'm concerned that someone might accidentally delete this common view.  

Is there an undelete function for a view for the admins?

For now I duplicated the view and have a copy under 'My Views.'

Parents
  • The personal duplicate is a good workaround :-)

I have never seen options to "undelete" a view, but I have only needed it once in my almost 10 years working with M-Files, and that was because of my own doing.

Only Admins can delete common views, so if you keep the number of Admins to an absolute minimum and give those people proper training, then the risk of accidental deletion is also minimal.

• The personal duplicate is a good workaround :-)

I have never seen options to "undelete" a view, but I have only needed it once in my almost 10 years working with M-Files, and that was because of my own doing.

Only Admins can delete common views, so if you keep the number of Admins to an absolute minimum and give those people proper training, then the risk of accidental deletion is also minimal.

Children
  • well said. I echo this too. 

At one point, we had about 40 'super users' we gave access to create Common Views, but inevitably, someone started deleting someone else's common views. 

So instead, only IT M-Files admins (2 admins) can create Common Views. This has significantly benefited us because it has standardized a look and feel of Common Views, they're reliable, and there's very little risk of accidently deleting a common View that the organization has come to rely on. 

I also like the idea of a 'back-up' Common View tucked away as a My View - I'm going to have to borrow that! :)