The M-Files Community will be updated on Tuesday, April 2, 2024 at 10:00 AM EST / 2:00 PM GMT and the update is expected to last for several hours. The site will be unavailable during this time.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Prompt message before opening document

Dear All

I would like to know if there is an option for a prompt message before opening a document which is based on a property definition.

For eg, any document with property definition XYZ should prompt a user with the message "Please note that you are accessing a secured document, Kindly confirm that you have access to the file"

Is this possible?

Thank you

Parents
  • Why would you want that when you already have the ability to set permissions on those documents and restrict access to the relevant groups of people? Dynamic permissions gives you exactly those options to base permissions on related objects and value list items.

• Hi

Many thank for the response. This was the exact same reply I gave to the end user and the response was that they want this as an option as the documents are highly secure. Is there a way to achieve this? 

Thank you

• bright-ideas.dk is absolutely right. Here it may be necessary to demonstrate to the client and explain to him how M-Files works, because if the user does not have a minimum of reading rights, he will not see the document at all.

• Yes I agree with you and the user is aware of the access permissions as well..

Below is the users response.

yes we understood the access permission control; but this message is like a confirmation that you are in compliance of the export control data and so this will superseded the ones signing a hard copy document for such data instead. So it's like you are signing a non-disclosure document that you are bound when accessing a restricted file but paperless or online...
  • Yes I agree with you and the user is aware of the access permissions as well..

Below is the users response.

yes we understood the access permission control; but this message is like a confirmation that you are in compliance of the export control data and so this will superseded the ones signing a hard copy document for such data instead. So it's like you are signing a non-disclosure document that you are bound when accessing a restricted file but paperless or online...
Children