This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Correctly configuring luggage tags for Advanced Outlook Addin

Hi all!

Currently attempting to set up the luggage tagging feature for the advanced outlook addin. It is, however, causing me a little bit of grief where it will correctly display case IDs for folders that have case grouping levels, but for others it just displays a load of IDs? (I hope the image comes through ok, it looks blurry as hell in the editor)

I have attempted to follow the configuration guide to the best of my abilities, but it is not entirely clear all the way through. In our configuration we have:

• Case object type and class with a case name that is the concattenation of the case ID (using RR.LuggageTag as alias) a dash and then the case title
  • Accounts (Customers)
  • Documents of various classes

The registry keys on my advanced outlook addin are as follows:

Looking at the demo video available in the partner portal it does not appear that they have the same issue, and I cannot work out why.

Best regards, Frederik

Development Manager at CtrlDocs and VisualQMS!

• Hi Frederik,

Advanced Outlook can be.... challenging...

Not sure if I completely understand your case ID, the documentation is challenging and if you are looking to make a kind-of ticketing system out of it then you can use cases, otherwise it is actually easier than the description in the documentation.

but perhaps my registry settings will help? I am not using it as a ticketing system - but luggage tagging does work. Not all these registry settings are required however to make it work.

The one you may want to try that I found helped was this one:

• The description in the documentation is, at times, not that easy to read ;D

The thing is, luggage tagging works for folders/views that are grouped by cases (or tickets) and the correct ID is shown in the luggage tag column. But for anything else, as can be seen in the first image, it shows "101-1_104-5" which I guess is the IDs of the grouping levels?

Suffice to say, I have no idea what is going on haha.

Thank you for your suggestion however!

• Hey!

So here are the couple things that I have learned...

1) A view with no grouping levels does not work with luggage tagging

2) Each virtual folder is identified with a unique luggage tag

3) The depth of the virtual folder directly relates to the length of the luggage tag

4) If you add the one registry setting mentioned it will show you which luggage tag will be selected depending on the virtual folder you want to select. This helped me understand the format in which the luggage tags are assigned

5) If you don't want a "ticketing" type system for support and are just looking to save related emails then you can ignore the entire case piece and remove the related registry settings - it is unnecessarily difficult.

Hopefully that helps!