This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

OpenOffice for M-Files

Hi all,

My potential prospect asked me that whether or not M-Files can work with other document editor such as OpenOffice or WPS instead of Microsoft Word.

I am pretty sure that some of the functionalities will not be a available but I am here just to get some confirmation.

• Hi, 

M-Files is capable of storing documents and files from Openoffice. 

Just be aware that Microsoft Office kind  of integrated options for adding metadata fields to the documents are not available as there is no such integration. 

Basically M-Files can handle all file types - the software is not file type sensitive. Some solutions just would not work correctly as-is, like a code repository type of file storage because of how M-Files handles the dynamic paths to the documents. 

• Have used M-Files with Open Office for almost 10 years now. Like Timo says there is no problem handling the files. You can have templates and stuff, but you cannot insert M-Files properties into documents the same way it is possible with Word and Excel.