This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Monitoring checkout/checkin

Hi,

I hope somebody will have an answer Slight smile I've made quite a few Compliance Kit configurations and I have a feeling M-Files performance has dropped. I think a lot of check-out/check-in is happening. Is there a tool I could use to monitor check-outs and check-ins? That way I could optimize the configurations.

Best, Uros

Parents
  • I also recommend changing the default to Check In to Yes upon closing a document. 

We had an issue with users keeping documents checked out for months at a time because the default was "No" - by changing the default to "yes" to check in automatically, we have less offending users and less issues. 

The only other comment I have on this is what I've termed "NULL" check-in documents or "Version 0 documents" - there isn't a way presently for Admins to run an easy report of documents that were created (version 0), but were never checked in (Version 1)

This means we have employees who may have created a document, never checked in, and then left the organization and their laptops were wiped. This means the server is holding a spot for an ID that will never be checked in to become version 1. I question performance because I have since deleted some classes, and these Classes still show up in grouping levels because there's Version 0 document(s) associated with it....

• I also recommend changing the default to Check In to Yes upon closing a document. 

We had an issue with users keeping documents checked out for months at a time because the default was "No" - by changing the default to "yes" to check in automatically, we have less offending users and less issues. 

The only other comment I have on this is what I've termed "NULL" check-in documents or "Version 0 documents" - there isn't a way presently for Admins to run an easy report of documents that were created (version 0), but were never checked in (Version 1)

This means we have employees who may have created a document, never checked in, and then left the organization and their laptops were wiped. This means the server is holding a spot for an ID that will never be checked in to become version 1. I question performance because I have since deleted some classes, and these Classes still show up in grouping levels because there's Version 0 document(s) associated with it....

Children
No Data