This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lock/unlock part of metadata for a document

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to lock part of the metadata for a document without locking the whole metadata card at certain states.  

i.e. I want a person to be able to amend all metadata in state 1, but only part of it in state 2.

I know about permissions for the workflow states, but that seems to be an all or nothing option. 

Is there another way in configurations to be able to manage this?

Thanks.

• You can set properties to read-only mode or hide/unhide them on specific workflow states using metadata card configurationhowever there are ways to get around these client-side configurations so they are not real restrictions in the same way as modifying the property permissions are. So if you decide to configure the metadata card, you should also have a server-side check to see that the property values really have not changed in case this is a hard business requirement. These server-side checks will require some custom scripting/coding for your business rules.