This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Masking sensitive fields

Masking might be the wrong term, but I'm looking for a way to mask sensitive field data for users.  Example, we have a form that requires SS#.  I'd like the user to be able to enter it, but when saved is displayed as ***-**-1234 to some users, and exposed to other users.  I believe I can make the entire field visible dependent on permissions, but I'd still like the average user to be able to see a portion in order to verify back to a customer.

I want to say I saw something like this in a User Group seminar, but can't remember what it is called.

Thoughts?

Parents
  • You can use Extension Kit for this case. Module Extended property operations, besides many other features, gives you the possibility to use Regular expression (regex). For this particular case, we created a rule in 5 minutes which is setting a new property named "Sensitive Data" to read only the last 4 characters from the property "Data". You can then set the visibility of a regular property and a "masked" one according to permissions.

• You can use Extension Kit for this case. Module Extended property operations, besides many other features, gives you the possibility to use Regular expression (regex). For this particular case, we created a rule in 5 minutes which is setting a new property named "Sensitive Data" to read only the last 4 characters from the property "Data". You can then set the visibility of a regular property and a "masked" one according to permissions.

Children