This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Remove "created from external source" property

Hello All, first time with this case, I have several documents imported from a external source, File Source (Not Linked).

The external File Source has been disabled.

In a Workflow I have an API that make a diference when a object is created from a external source or not.

But Before the API in the same Workflow, the object can change the State of bein created from a external source cause has been updated with information that integrate it as a formal document and not as an imported.

The problem is that the Created from a external source property does not disappear if we try to delete it from the metadata card, and the script is not working in clasify correctly the document.

How can I delete the "Created from External source property? does any one knows the trick?

Parents
  • I'm assuming you are not trying to delete the actual property but want to remove it from the metadata card. There are many ways to add properties to a metadata card so I will just throw out some questions and possible places to check. 

1.) In M-Files Admin, if you go to the document class you are working with do you see the "Created from External source property" in the list of properties? If it is, then you will not be able to delete it from the metadata card (it will not have the x icon to the left of the property), you will have to delete if from the class definition. 

2.) Do you have any metadata card configurations set up that add this property? Depending on how the metadata card config is set up, if can add the property again after it is deleted. For example if u have a rule like if class = abc, then add this property as an additional property 

3.) Is this property being set in any of the workflow states that are preceding the state which has the script? The property can be updates/set through the workflow state "actions" tab using either the "Set Properties" or "Run script" options.

4.) Are there any event handlers that can possibly be updating or adding this property after it is checked in? 

• I just wanted to delete the property from the imported files, but is not possible.

Reply Children
No Data