This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Any way for a document/object to be sent through the workflow ON CREATION?

Hi All,

Regarding documents/objects with workflows.

A lot of our users are complaining that it is very cumbersome to have to create a document/object and then have to go back and retrieve it and then send it in the workflow.

In most instances in our organisation, users tend to create Requests with the intention of sending them directly/immediately. They say that creating and then having to go back to retrieve and then to send adds extra clicks to the task, and I tend to agree.

Is there any way that a document can be sent through the workflow upon creation?? Or at least for the option to be available (e.g. when creating a document, the user has the option to either ‘Create’ or ‘Create and Send’.

Thank you for your replies, as always Grin

Patrick.

Parents
  • How are the objects being created?  Yoi should see the workflow section down at the bottom of the metadata card.  Depending upon your vault config you could even perhaps pre-fill the workflow, if that makes sense.

At a minimum the option should be available, though.

In the picture below I've drawn a (crude) arrow to the two sets of hyphens that are used to set the workflow.  The top one selects the workflow, the bottom the state.

• How are the objects being created?  Yoi should see the workflow section down at the bottom of the metadata card.  Depending upon your vault config you could even perhaps pre-fill the workflow, if that makes sense.

At a minimum the option should be available, though.

In the picture below I've drawn a (crude) arrow to the two sets of hyphens that are used to set the workflow.  The top one selects the workflow, the bottom the state.

Children
No Data