This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Safety warning for Group read-only setting in Metadata Card

Hello,

I am still using M-Files version 22.4.11321.4, so this issue might have been solved in one of the newer versions, but I think many users still use older versions just like me, so I wanted to point a finger at this anyway.

The issue is this:
- We have 2 classes that both have very simillar metadata, including their groups and the group properties in configuration.
- One of those group settings is read-only, which is set to "yes" for both classes
- When you select each class by itself in MFiles, it works great, the settings work as they should
- When you select both classes together though, the groups are no longer displayed, because there may be differences in metadata, so the system doesn't really know which properties to put under which group
- the issue is, because there are no groups now, there are no group settings either, so any property that was previously read-only thanks to the group setting is now editable...

We do have most of our read-only settings set on properties individually and not by group, so it's not the end of the world for us, but if anyone has some class whose properties were set up majorly by the group settings, then they are possibly screwed.

Maybe this has been a known issue, but in case it wasn't, I wanted to shine light on it.

Have a nice day!
Dominik