This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Property Filtering Based on Related Object Properties

Hi All,

I have a property-filtering question. Our M-Files vault includes "Project" objects that are referenced by documents and other objects. When there were only a couple dozen projects this worked just fine, but now that we have over a hundred it can be difficult for new users to know which Project to reference when creating new content and for those who like to click and scroll through the dropdown list it's extremely difficult if not impossible because the list is shortened to the first 50.

Projects are assigned workflow states (Active, Pending Closure, and Closed). What I would like is some sort of dynamic filter for the Projects value list property so that only Active projects are listed unless another property (e.g., an "Inactive Project" Boolean) is added to the object and triggered. I was hoping something like this could be accomplished through Metadata card configuration, but it doesn't look like it's possible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.